EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
The Cooper Union, New York, New York, July 2014
Type@Cooper Condensed Program, Typeface Design Certificate
Seattle Central College, Seattle, Washington, June 2014
Seattle Central Creative Academy
Associate of Applied Science in Graphic Design
AmazonFresh, Seattle, Washington, April 2015 – March 2018
Visual Designer – Converted from contractor to full-time October 2015
– Designed web merchandising visuals for AmazonFresh and Amazon.com including third-party vendor advertising while maintaining brand standards and site guidelines in a customer-obsessed environment. Produced design templates for ease of completing marketing requests.
– Edited in-house and stock photography, which includes masking, color correction, lighting, and changing exposure levels.
– Worked closely with vendors and marketing managers, design managers, art directors, creative producers, and visual/user experience designers to strategize site merchandising and graphics.
– Collaborated with Amazon Dash product manager and team and produced seasonal Amazon Dash print catalogs for consumers, featuring products sold on AmazonFresh. Developed new templates and guidelines for catalogs and managed designers to produce holiday and recipe print catalogs.
– Developed and owned the print design of merchandising/advertising material inside AmazonFresh grocery bags.
– Worked with print vendors on a regular cadence and performed a print-check with vendor on location.
– Continuously managed multiple projects simultaneously and delivered visual assets within tight deadlines.
glamazon, Amazon’s LBTQ+ organization, Seattle, Washington, August 2015 – March 2017
Design Lead – Volunteer
Worked as the design lead to produce graphics for merchandise including t-shirts, stickers, flags, and banners. Worked with the glamazon board and community to create the new branding for the organization, which includes the logo, localization, graphics for internal tools, and brand usage guidelines.
Amazon.com, Seattle, Washington, September 2014 – December 2014
Visual Designer – Contractor, Kindle Accessories
– Created prominent graphics appearing on Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, and the Amazon website in partnership with the Kindle Accessories marketing and business team while maintaining brand guidelines
– Conceptualized and executed production of advertisements for Special Offers edition tablets and e-readers, including Amazon branded products, warranties, and third party vendors
Sureman Design, LLC, Seattle, Washington, August 2014 – Present
Owner, Graphic Design, Calligraphy, and Hand-Lettering
Such Sweet Tierney, Seattle, Washington, January 2015-January 2017
“Self-Talk” themed lettering collaboration with local Seattle company, Such Sweet Tierney. Developed a custom hand-lettering style for quotes which is currently sold as screen-printed posters at various sizes online and at local boutiques.
Karen Obrist Photography, Brooklyn, New York, 2014-Present
Graphic Design and Hand-Lettering
– Created pricing guides and promotional graphics for business as well as
hand-lettering for packaging. Designed the logo for KO on the GO, a part of Karen Obrist Photography with a focus on travel.
Freelance, Seattle, Washington, 2007 – 2014
Graphic Design, Calligraphy, and Hand-Lettering
Sally’s Mermaid Garden, Seattle, Washington, 2014
– Created Company logo and identity suite including business card and t-shirt design with hand-lettering and illustration
– Designed bottle labels for hand and body oils
Paper Source University Village Seattle, 2012-2013
– Taught calligraphy workshops with curriculum including the fundamentals of calligraphy, lettering technique, letterform anatomy, and various styles.
Fall Wedding Seattle, Washington 2012
– Collateral includes invitations, envelopes, fabric, menus, place cards, and table settings.
Doggie Lama Dog Care Seattle, Washington, 2013
Graphic Design, Brand Identity
– Created company logo and business card design
Rosehedge/Multifaith Works, Seattle, Washington, 2007-2013
Graphic Design and Calligraphy for Non-Profit; Volunteer
– Appointed award designer/artist for the “Stronger Together” World AIDS Day Breakfast fundraiser, 2011-2013
– Designed a 25th anniversary logo for web and print use, 2013
Seattle Men’s Chorus
Seattle Volleyball Club
Amateur Elvis Impersonator